Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Yahoo!

My beautiful, 4lb. 11oz, first born daughter, that was born 16 years ago, got her drivers license today! 

Yahoo! 


I have been waiting for this moment just as much as she has.  It seems that, the closer she got to getting her license, the more stuff I had to drive her to! 

It is very bitter sweet.  It will be lonely in the car without my student driver chauffeuring me around everywhere in the attempt to fulfill her 50 hour driving requirement.  She is a lot more independent now and needing me for a little less.  Of course, this is what I have wanted all along...to have an independent daughter that can maneuver herself around town and negotiate the daily tasks of teenage-hood without me.  Right?  As I waited for her to return from her driving test, I was sweating from nervousness and about to wet myself from giddiness.  All I needed to see was the huge smile on her face as she emerged from the car with the driving instructor to know that Eric and I had done our best to put her one the right path.  The journey (with driver's licence) is hers for the seizing!


Today's trip to the Secretary of State was a top secret mission, we hadn't even told Sinobia we were going.  Much to our surprise, Gabby's friend Carly (shout-out to Carly. You made the blog!) was there this morning too.  Carly's mom (Shout-out to Meg!) and I have been good buds since high school, so it was a treat to have someone to chat with, sweat with and yell "yea" with this morning.  Congratulations Girls!  
Carly and Gabby's proud moment...cheese!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment