Saturday, December 29, 2012

Time Flies...


December 29, 2012.  Gabrielle Ollie Aiden is 18 years old today.  It seems like yesterday that we celebrated her first birthday...


and sent her to school for her first day of Kindergarten...


In a few months she will be leaving home to go away to college...time flies.


I remember every second of these past 18 years.  They have been beautiful, amazing, challenging and yet rewarding.  They have been filled with love and the overwhelming urge hold her in my arms and keep her with me forever, while at the same time not being able to wait until she is out of my house.


I remember deciding that we wanted to have children.  I remember the day I found out I was pregnant. I remember the day she was born.  Time flies.


I remember taking her to the emergency room at 3 days old, thinking she was breathing funny, only to find out that she was snoring!


I remember her not going to sleep at night, as a baby, until Eric came home from work and would lay her on his chest as they "chilled-out" on the couch.


I remember her Christening and everyone that was there.


I remember her first steps.  I remember her first trip to the park.  I remember her first word, "da-da".  I remember the first solid food I fed her, which were green beans.


I remember her first Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas and Halloween. Her first girl scout camping trip, sleepover and trip to the principals office.  I remember her loosing her first tooth and all those that came out after (I saved them all).


I remember ballet at 3 years old, ice skating at 5, gymnastics at 7, actors gymnasium at 8 and her very first horseback riding competition.



I remember the first time she told us she wanted to be a big sister.  I remember the first time she met Sinobia in the hospital, the first time she held her and first time she decided she had changed her mind about having a baby in the house.  Time flies.


I remember her first day of daycare (and all of my tears), kindergarten graduation (more tears), 5th grade graduation (tears), 8th grade graduation (even more tears) and her first day of high school (tears, tears, tears).


I remember everyone who has loved her, cared for her, nurtured her and protected her over these amazing 18 years.  Time flies.



 

 






I remember every birthday for the past 18 years.

Yes, I remember the not so great things, those moments are just as much a part of my memories as all the the rest.  I will remember the next 18 years too, good and bad.  I will soak up each memory and tuck it away in my heart and mind.  My heart will continue to burst at the seams, full of the love that I have for my Gabby Ollie.


Time flies.


Happy 18th Birthday Gabby!







No comments:

Post a Comment