Saturday, November 23, 2013

Where Has The Time Gone?


So, a few weeks ago, I find myself sitting in an auditorium full of children and parents at ETHS.  I think I'm dreaming before I realize that I am at "Incoming Freshman" orientation for Sinobia.

Where has the time gone?  I still remember crying my eyes out at her 5th grade graduation a few years ago, so sad that she was leaving the elementary school nest and moving on to middle school.  Now she is talking about summer school, schedules, sports and college?!

With one of our girls gone away to college, it's hard for me to wrap my brain around the fact that the next 4 years are going to go by so fast.  They went too fast with Gabby.  One day we were saying, "oh, we have plenty of time" and the next we were declaring a school and packing up her life to send her off to California.

I'm going to try to take the next 4 years really slow.  No one really remembers Sinobia as a little kid.  It seems as if she was just born this little mini-person and just kept on growing, evolving and maturing as each day went by.  I know now from experience that these days are to be cherished.  Our baby is not our little baby anymore.



No comments:

Post a Comment