Friday, June 6, 2014

8th Grade Graduation!



I ignore the feeling of my achy body when I roll out of bed each day.  I tuck the grey hairs into my bun.  I’ve tried a variety of "over the counter" remedies for the dark circles under my eyes.  I know a few of the new pop songs and occasionally share clothes with my girls.  I struggle with being the hip mom vs. being the old-school strict mom.  I am fighting time and in denial of the fact that I am getting old.

On Wednesday night there was no denying that time has quickly slipped away from me….my little girl, my baby girl, graduated from middle school.  Sinobia is headed to high school.  She will be a freshman at ETHS in the Fall.


My purse was stuffed with tissue.  My sister-in-law had tissue waiting for me too, but surprisingly enough, there were no tears.  I wasn’t sad.  I’m excited.  I’m a little curious too; curious to see what Sinobia will gravitate to in high school.  Where her passions will lead her.  What adventures are in store for her.


Wednesday was a proud momma moment.  Not the water works that occurred 3 years ago when she left elementary school.  I now know she can hold her own.  She can seize her own opportunities and chart her own journey.  Chute Middle School has given my girl such a gift.  They have give her a family, confidence, experiences that she will cherish forever and the tools she needs to move on and be successful.  

We are moving forward (at warp speed) and I am ready.  The question is…is the rest of the world ready for my Sinobia?  Stay tuned and find out!

 Congratulations Sinobia!!



  So long Middle School!!

No comments:

Post a Comment