Monday, March 9, 2015

Hello There



Hello There!

So, what should I say?

“Merry Christmas!”
“Happy 20th Birthday Gabby!”
“Happy New Year!”

Yep, it’s been a while since my last post.  There are times I feel like we Aiden’s totally got it going on and then times I feel like there’s not much going on at all.  Someone asked me why I hadn’t posted anything in a while, I told them because our lives were not really all that exciting.  In some ways that’s a good thing.  I still feel busy and often times overwhelmed by “stuff” but most of the time these days, I feel settled.  I feel as if our lives are in a good rhythm.

The holidays were crazy busy as usual.  This was our first holiday season without grampa Aiden.  There was the lingering sense of loss and sadness but also the great sense of love, pride and family bonding that occurred that kept us all afloat. 

Gabby turned 20!  I can’t really wrap my brain around how I have raised a child to be 20 years old.  She has turned out to be an amazing young woman with a serious vision for the direction in which she wants her life to go and the Drummer-Aiden heart and drive to get her there.  She returned to school in 2015 ready to take on whatever the new year has in store for her and to plan a few adventures herself. 

Sinobia finished her freshman year swim season, enjoyed the holidays (and a few concerts) and is now in the beginning of water polo season at ETHS.  Everyday when I drop her off and pick her up from practice I chuckle at the memory of how I had never predicted that she would be the two-sport athlete in our family.  I always pictured her as a drama/theatre student.  Although she is full of drama, the theatre has not been lucky enough to have her yet.

Eric is working on his knee.  He has had a great recovery with no complications.  He is looking forward to getting back to his work-out routine and testing the limits of his healed knee.  The girls and I have decided that he should retire from basketball.  I think he agrees.  A big part of Eric’s daddy role these days is to worry.  He is so protective of his girls and is always worrying about them.  I guess this is a good balance in parenting, since I am more of the “let them go experience life” kind of mom.  As long as they are making good choices and being safe, I’m all for it most often.  Eric helps me look at the “other side of things” when it comes to parenting. 

I have been up to the usual…working, carpooling and nagging my family.  I took a trip by myself to surprise my mommy in February and allowed myself to sleep late, rest and relax for a few days.  I have also decided (once again) that I need to start taking care of myself.  So, I have started exercising a little bit.  I absolutely hate it!!!  I like to see instant results.  I want to see the six-pack the tight thighs in one week.  I really don’t want to work that hard for the body I dream of having.  I’m going slowly.  I’m trying. Spring is just 10 days away.  The big sweaters and coats will come off soon. Ugh!  After 46 years of not exercising, this may be the year for me (but, I think I say this every year).


I will try to post more often.  I often wake up in the middle of the night with cute and witty thoughts to write about, but soon forget when I fall back to sleep.  Maybe I’ll try keeping paper and a pencil by my bed.  Hmmm…maybe not.


No comments:

Post a Comment