Wednesday, June 10, 2015

SJSU Nicaragua Medical Brigade


There was a text saying, "We made it." and then 10 days of silence.  Not a word from Gabby on her Nicaragua Medical Brigade trip.  She had already informed me that "No news, was good news." but I still wanted to hear from her.


Then a few days ago I got another text, "Made it back to San Jose."  She was home.  Safe and sound.


Thank you to everyone who made this Medical Brigade trip possible.  Thank you for all of your donations and words of encouragement.  We are so grateful for it all.


If you know Gabby, you know that she doesn't really get super excited about stuff (or at least she doesn't show it).  So, when I spoke with her after her return from the Medical Brigade and she told me that it was a "LIFE CHANGING EXPERIENCE!" I knew that it was an amazing trip.


I won't go into detail, because Gabby will want to do that herself on Facebook, to also thank everyone, but I will share with you that your donations allowed for this Medical Brigade to serve over 1,000 people during their visit.  Cement foundations were laid for houses, landscaping was done, medical and dental treatment were provided, new friends were formed and memories were made.


It has always been a wish of ours to have our children experience life in other countries, to give and to serve, and to return home even more grateful and humble than they were before they left.  I think this trip accomplished all of that and even more.  It's hard for me not to gush about it, but you'll be hearing all about it from Gabby soon.


Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment