Saturday, March 10, 2012

So Last Year!



A few days ago, Sinobia and I were singing in the car.

"Sinobia, what are you going to sing for this year's talent show?"

"Mom, I thought I told you, I don't way to be a pop star anymore...I want to be a journalist!"

"OK?"

"That was so last year!"

She's right, it is so last year. 1 year ago.  I looked it up and found the video that I took of Sinobia singing at the Dawes Talent Show last year (February 19th, 2011).  She was so confident, singing her song (even though she messed up a little, but covered it up).  A few months later, she tried out for Evanston Idol, but didn't make it.  (I tried to upload her audition video, but I think they rigged it so that I couldn't reproduce it).

She still kept right on singing:)

Sinobia is my kid that wakes up happy in the morning.  You know she's awake because she starts singing as soon as she wakes up.  She sings in her room all day long, sings in the shower, sings in the car, sings at the dinner table!  Lately she has been singing in Spanish!  I know she's alive and happy when she is singing.

So in honor of my little song bird, 1 year later, I am posting her "so last year" talent show video.  Who knows, maybe she can be a pop-star and a journalist.  either way, I don't think she's going to stop singing any time soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment