Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Happy Birthday Sinobia!!!



12 years ago, on April 11th, I woke up to a day full of things to do.  I was pregnant and scheduled to be induced the following day, as I had gotten too big and was completely miserable.  My original due date was April 14th, but my doctor gave in and agreed to let me pop early. 
I wanted to do my hair, finish my laundry, go to the grocery store and get a mani-pedi (I wanted to look good during labor). 

I woke up with contractions, but didn't pay them very much attention, as I was familiar with them from previous "pre-term" contraction scares.  I continued on with my day, visited my mom and returned home for a nap before my mani-pedi appointment.  Eric was home on this day too, I don't remember why.  He decided that he would run some errands while I took a nap.  The contractions were getting stronger, but I still continued to ignore them...I had to get things done.

Eric was gone about 30 minutes and I was laying in bed when all of a sudden my water broke!  Back then, 12 years ago, people still had pagers.  I paged Eric and sent a 911 message.  He immediately called home, to be informed that my water had broke and it was time to get to the hospital!

Flash forward and hour or so...I had refused to take any drugs for this birth.  I was going to go all the way, all natural.  I was so INSANE back then!  So, I am screaming at the top of my lungs, making a scene and scaring the shit out of Eric and everyone else in the maternity wing.  Gabby refuses to come into the room to see me, she is horrified by the sounds she hears coming out of my room.  My sister-in-law leaves the room (she blames it on my bad breath).  There is no doctor present, the nurses are trying to keep me calm, but I am in too much pain.

Finally I break down and decide, maybe an epidural is the way to go.  The nurses inform me that the anesthesiologist is in surgery and is not available.  Not available?????  I decide that I will endure the pain no longer and start to push!  The nurses are frantic, "You can't push now Tracy, you are not dilated enough and the doctor is not here yet.  She is on her way."  I don't care, I push anyway.  This baby had to come out right then! 
10 minutes later and about 6 pushes, Sinobia Carrie Aiden emerges into the world!  5 lbs. 14 oz. and 18 inches long. 

What a relief, what a joyful moment and what a beautiful blessing!

For 12 years, Sinobia has filled my life with love, joy and everlasting memories. She is an amazing little girl with a kind and generous heart.  She is my song-bird, always singing and my water-baby, always swimming.  She is confident, secure and a little cocky (as her sister would say).  She still is at times just as much of a "pain" as she was back in the hospital, but I wouldn't want her to be any other way:)

 
Happy Birthday Sinobia!

No comments:

Post a Comment