Wednesday, August 29, 2012

My Summer Vacation Has Come To An End


My summer vacation is over.  Today was my first day of school.  I have been practicing getting up early all week, in preparation for waking up at 5:00 am this morning.  The alarm went off, but I didn't pop up quite as fast as I should have.  It's going to take some time to get used to this routine again.  

I had a great summer.  My recovery from surgery went well.  I'm feeling like myself again and have most of my energy back.  My Friday, Saturday and Sunday mornings were spent at Starbucks, hanging out with Eric, drinking green tea, people watching, and catching up on our "couple time".  I got a few more days in at the beach than last year and watched loads of mind numbing, stupid TV.

So, the 2012-2013 school year has begun for teacher/mom/chauffeur Tracy!

As if the first day of school isn't enough excitement for one day, our lovely exchange student arrived today.  We will be hosting Ane for the next 2 weeks at our house.  The girls are excited.  Sinobia will hopefully get to practice her Spanish and Gabby will immerse Ane in the Evanston/Chicago/American culture while showing her how we "live it up" in the Aiden household:)   In October, Gabby will travel to Spain and live with Ane's family where she will have the opportunity to become immersed in their culture.  I am excited to pamper her and make sure she enjoys her stay with our crazy family.  Oh my sweet Eric...poor guy, we now have one more girl under our roof!  He's such a great sport!

Our good friends (shout out to the Greenwell family!!) have an exchange student as well, so this evening we hosted dinner for their student and Ane's first night in America.  Great food, friends and conversation.  A fabulous way to end the day.

Gabby and Ane within minutes of arriving at our house

Of course, I'll keep the blog updated with adventures from our exchange student's visit.

Gabby and Sinobia start school next week, so they are still sleeping late.  I'm off to bed, it's a school night you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment