Sunday, September 9, 2012

And So It Begins....


The first day of school for the girls was almost 2 weeks ago.  I am just getting around to posting my "1st day of school" pictures!

When Eric and I were first married, we were sure we wanted to have 3 children...that was our plan.  After 2, we decided that we were done.  

For the past 2 weeks, I have an extra kid at my house, Ane, our exchange student from Spain.   I have been making 1 extra lunch, washing extra towels, cooking extra dinner, carpooling 1 extra person and keeping up and keeping safe 1 extra girl.  Whew...so glad we stopped at 2! 


I'm saying all of this to lead to my excuse as to why I'm late with my "back to school" post:)  Too busy with 1 extra kid!

Anyway, the girls started school on September 4th.  


After complaining most of 6th grade that she couldn't see, I finally stopped being a neglectful mother and took Sinobia for an eye exam.  Sure enough, my poor kid needed glasses!  So, armed with her smart, cute looking glasses, a new backpack and tons of school supplies,  Sinobia started 7th grade and was excited about getting back to school and having a little structure in her life after a fairly lazy summer.  She seems happy about her schedule and her new teachers this year.  So far, so good.


Gabrielle started her Senior year!  She said to me the night before school started, "This is my last first day of school."  I just about cried!  My 4 lb. baby is going to college in a year!  I know this year will slip through our fingers so fast.  I need to make sure that I cherish every minute, every hug, every eye roll, every smart comment and all the Gabby attitude I can get this year.

In addition to school starting, so has swim team, swim meets, circus classes and soon gymnastics!  

And so it begins...


No comments:

Post a Comment