Thursday, September 13, 2012

Happy Birthday To Me



Today is my Birthday!  
Today I turned 44 years old.  
Year 43 went by fast.  It's been a good year...not a single complaint from me.

I've been thinking about getting older, being a wife, raising kids and having a career.  I've been thinking about all of the knowledge and wisdom I have gained, just by living my life...being myself, preserving who "Tracy" really is.  I wanted to share some of the things I learned and tried to live by during year 43...
  1. Make-up and concealers are my friend.
  2. Motherhood is the hardest job on the planet.
  3. Raising strong, independent, confident girls is the 2nd hardest.
  4. Starbucks (often/daily) is a luxury that I deserve!
  5. Good friends are hard to find.  Cherish the ones you have.
  6. "I've got this", "I've got that"...Who Cares!  Be humble, live humble.
  7. Material things don't matter, they can be replaced.
  8. You can love someone more and more each day.
  9. Your one true love can melt your heart every time you see him (yes, you Eric).
  10. Oh yeah, that what my parents meant!
  11. Cherish your memories, especially memories of those you have lost.
  12. "Mom we promise to take care of it" is ALWAYS a lie!
  13. The world is quiet at 5:00 am (or at least in our house).
  14. Try to take care of yourself.
  15. Time flies, even when you are not having fun.  Stop and appreciate.
  16. Embrace failure, learn from it, find strength from it.
  17. Own who you are.  Don't try to be any other way.  Just be.
  18. Appreciate.
  19. Be grateful for all that is around you.
  20. Let the ones you love, know that you love them...tell them you love them.
  21. Family matters, love matters, your heart matters.


22.  Each day I am thankful for the nights that turned into mornings.











1 comment:

  1. Happy, happy birthday! What a lovely post, and so much wisdom for all of us. I am taking it to heart. With appreciation, from Andrea.

    ReplyDelete