Wednesday, August 20, 2014

I'm Going Back To Cali.



Gabby is back in California now.  She is safe and sound and all settled into her new apartment.  I got to deliver her this year, as Eric is recovering from his surgery.  I also instagramed the journey:)

There was a lot of work to be done in the move-in process but also some time for a little fun. 


We did some marathon shopping, moving, unpacking and putting stuff together on Saturday and Sunday which allow for us to have the whole day on Monday for some California adventures!


It was nice to get away for a few days, away from home, away from Evanston and be in the California life.  I see how people can so easily fall in love with the state….great weather, adventures in almost every city and just a different way of life.


 It was hard to leave my girl behind, but not nearly as bad as last year.  This year, I left her with a great crew of friends and a lovely collection of roommates by her side.  This year I know that she will be OK.  I think she was actually looking forward to going back to school; I guess that’s a good thing.  It was nice to have her home for the summer, but also satisfying to see her want her college life independence and freedom back.  Christmas is just a few months away….she'll be back!


See ya soon Gabby!



No comments:

Post a Comment