Friday, August 1, 2014

Summer Time



My last blog entry was exactly one month ago on July 1st.  I wrote that I was having a hard time getting into the swing of summer…now I am starting to mourn the loss of summer as it is quickly slipping away.

We will be back to school in a few weeks.  Gabby will be heading back to California.  Sinobia will be starting high school.  I will go back to meet my new group of kindergartners and Eric will head back to ETHS to keep all systems running.

So, as all of this creeps up on us, I wanted to just post an update on how our summer has been.


 


We celebrated Eric this summer for both Father's Day and his Birthday (July 10).  You all know that Eric is our favorite guy.  They don't come any better than him.  He is an amazing father and an incredible husband.  I have gushed about him many times before, he is a rare breed!



Sinobia and I attended the Pride Parade (and brought Leah with us) and scored our prime spot in front of Whole Foods again this year, so we were front and center and in the middle of all the action!



The 4th of July was celebrated in our traditional Aiden way; lunch together and then attending the Evanston Parade in our coveted spot in front of Starbucks!



Gabby has returned to her home at the Actors Gymnasium for the summer.  She performed at their fundraiser night at Temperance Brewery in Evanston and is working as a camp counselor at the Gym with the circus kiddos. 


The Actors Gymnasium also offers a Summer Intensive Class every year, that Gabby looks forward to being a part of.  This summer, she and her friend Justin (shout out to my honorary son Justin!!) choreographed and performed an amazing trapeze routine together.  We have been waiting for these two to put their strength and skills together for years…the did not disappoint (see video above)!


Sinobia has gone concert crazy this summer! She attended the Paramour and Fall Out Boy concert with friends and then convinced Eric and I to take her and her friend Leah to the Warped Tour 2014 at Tinley Park.  Well, warped tour is an all-day (11:00 am to 9:00 pm), "alternative band" music festival.  Eric and I were definitely out of place; we lacked the colored hair/Doc Martens/piercings/grunge look that was the vibe for most of the attendees.  2 more summer concerts to go for Sinobia.  With these last ones, Eric and I have split the duties, so I get One Direction and he gets Ed Sheeran!


Eric, Sinobia and I attended the Aiden Family Reunion in Gatlinburg, TN towards the end of July.  The Chicago Aiden crew planned and coordinated this year's event and everything turned out amazing (we did a great job Aiden/Hilliard Crew)!  Gabby stayed home to see Beyonce and Jay-Z perform at Solider Field, so it was just the 3 of us up in the mountains with the family!


A few weeks left of summer….who knows what adventures are in store for us.  We'll keep you posted.



No comments:

Post a Comment