Sunday, July 10, 2011

Dancing Til The World Ends!



This weekend, Eric treated the girls to their very first concert.  We took them to Milwaukee Summerfest to see Britney Spears and Nicki Minaj.  Gabrielle has always been a Britney fan and I have secretly been a fan along side of Gabby.  I always knew that Britney would be able to make a come-back after children and her mental break-down. 


Now there was a catch to Eric purchasing these tickets...he wasn't going to the concert.  No way was he going to be caught dead at a Britney Spears concert amongst crowds of screaming teenagers and their moms (that know the words to all of her songs too).  He may hum a Britney song or two, but he will not be a full-on concert fan:)  So, with Eric not going to the concert, that meant mom was going to see Britney!  Well, I can sing along with the best of them, and I belted out most of the songs she sang during the concert.  My new favorite song, Dancing til the World ends, is from her newly released CD and that was the song I was waiting for.  As the concert neared the end, I was thinking I was going to be disappointed.  She said "thank you" and "good-night" to the crowd and then left the stage.  The girls started to gather up their things. 

"No way...I'm not leaving until she sings my song!"

"Mom it's over, people are leaving."

No, you just watch and see." 

The crowd starting cheering louder and louder, you know how it works at concerts, there's always that grand finale song to be sung after the crowd cheers the artist back on to the stage.

Sure enough, back on stage she comes to sing my song!  A perfect ending to a perfect night with my girls.  I captured the moment, but please excuse the moving around, I was singing and dancing with the rest of the crowd!


The girls enjoyed their first concert experience and Nicki and Britney did not disappoint.  They both gave fabulous performances.  Mom had a great time too!


Thanks Daddy Eric!





1 comment:

  1. Um, Tracy, you know we can hear you singing in that video, right? :)
    It sounds like you girls had a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete