Thursday, July 21, 2011

No Hot Enough


I think they are calling our weather a "heat wave"?  Yesterday it was 99 degrees with a heat index of 110 degrees.  Currently it is 96 degrees with a heat index of 108 degrees.  This morning, at 8:30 am when I left the house to deliver the girls to where they needed to be, it was 88 degrees already! All of the weather people are telling us to "stay inside", "don't go outside unless you have to".  You only need to tell me once.  The "heat wave" warnings are just the excuse I need to plop down on the couch and watch a movie, or take a nap.  I have noticed a few dust balls in the corners of our house, but it's too hot to clean (the weather people say not to over-exert yourself), even with the A/C on.

So yesterday I rented Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1.  I had not seen it yet, and wanted to get ready to go see Part 2 that is now in the theaters.  I decided that a trip to the movie theatre would be a grand solution to the "heat wave" blues sometime this week.

Today, day #2 of the "heat wave" I find Sinobia and I are a little bored by 1:00. 

"Do you think it's hot enough to fry an egg on the sidewalk?"

I don't know, let me take my shoes off and see."  Sinobia tests out the concrete.  "It's definitely hot enough!"

"Let's try it!"

Out of sheer boredom, we crack an egg on the front sidewalk and wait.....



This is the kind of thing that probably only works on TV.  After a few minutes, Sinobia rolls her eyes and heads inside.  I wait a little longer.  The egg is just oozing all over the sidewalk.  Darn! Now I've got to clean up the egg mess!  I'm cooking if the egg is not! 



It's hot enough to stay inside, drink plenty of fluids and check on your elderly neighbors, but not hot enough to fry and egg on the sidewalk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment