Monday, August 1, 2011

Triple Trapeze


Over the past 5 weeks Gabby has been attending a "Summer Intensive Class" at the Actors Gymnasium.  During this class time the students are able to choreograph their own performances, choose their own music and costumes.  The culmination of this class is the "Intensives Show".  Thank you to all the family and friends that came out to support Gabby on Saturday at the Gym.  She was completely taken by surprise at everyone who showed up to see her perform.  I had not told her that anyone was coming, I didn't want to add any additional anxiety to whatever she may have already had (is there any anxiety around hanging so many feet off the ground up-side down?).

We'll in my opinion this was one of her best routines.  It may be because she totally owned it.  She and her trapeze-mates worked long and hard on this routine...it was their routine.  I could also see a maturity in Gabby, that was not there in her last performance at the gym.  She's growing up and doing it fast.  The past 9 years she has spent growing up at the Actors Gymnasium...perfecting her circus crafts, becoming fearless, confident and unique in her skills and abilities has been magical to watch.  We will forever be grateful to the AG for the mentoring, love, family and home-away-from-home they have given to Gabby.


Is it odd that one of my proud mamma's moment was my daughter performing in the circus?  If it is...too bad!  I was beaming with pride and of course her loudest cheerleader (as you will hear in the video).  I am confident that she will be able to do anything she puts her mind to. There is a wide open future out there waiting for Gabrielle Ollie Aiden!


Stay tuned for for information about the next show Gabby will be in (I'll let you know, when I know).  I believe we made some new circus lovers out of a few people on Saturday!





 GOOD JOB GABBY!






2 comments:

  1. Congrats Gabby and congrats to ME for making the blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I can see why you were so proud. Congratulations! Yea Gabby!!

    -C. Rice

    ReplyDelete