Sunday, January 8, 2012

Happy New Year!


Today is the last day of our holiday break.  It's a somber day, we are mourning the loss of sleeping late, staying up late, watching Red Box movies while laying by the fire place and walking around in pajamas most of the day.


Over this break, I consumed an enormous amount of sugar and caffeine! I was not mindful of a single dietary restriction for 2 whole weeks.  Back to salads, lean meats and healthy snacks... starting tomorrow!

  

After canceling 4 previous appointments, I also had my 2 top wisdom teeth pulled.  It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be...very little pain and 1 1/2 days of bed rest granted to me by my family:)


My brother spent the first week with us!  Uncle Jay came in to town from Louisiana.  The girls were in heaven, they LOVE their Uncle Jay.  For most of the week they could be found glued to his side, every minute of the day.


I managed to get the girls to clean their rooms for the new year...now I can see the floors!  There was a little bit of tidying up in the house done by me, but not much, I was on vacation.

Today there will be homework, laundry, grocery shopping and back to school prep going on.  There are no resolutions made by the Aiden family, just the continued journey towards growth for each one of us and the commitment to love and take care of each other.  Eric and I are constantly reflecting on all we have to be thankful for, this will continue as we work even harder to provide for our girls while helping them appreciate all the gifts, privileges and opportunities that they too should be thankful for every day.

Thanks for reading...have a fabulous 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment