Sunday, April 10, 2011

Hello everyone! Welcome to our family blog and my first posting. The rule in our house for our daughters is that, you have to be in high school in order to join facebook.  Well, Gabby cheated a little (and got caught),  she joined just before her 8th grade graduation.  A little before her joining, Eric joined.  He ranted and raved about all of the long lost friends he was able to reconnect with through facebook.  I sat back and watched the two of them and most of the world around me become absorbed in the facebook world.  Late nights, extra time, during car rides, vacations, morning, noon and night there was facebooking going on around me.  I refused to join..."Everyone I want to be in contact with, I am.  I send birthday cards, Christmas cards and make phone calls and girls night out dates.  I don't have time for facebook!"  I was very aware of the fact that, I was not willing to be sucked into the facebook world.  I knew I would be terribly upset with myself, if I used up my kitchen clean-up, dog walking, homework, and bedtime routine time to reach out to others on the computer.  There were a few times that I glanced over the shoulder of Eric and Gabby and instantly forgot what I was doing for an hour while we browsed photos of high school friends and relatives.  I knew I would be in serious trouble if I became a facebook addict. 

Every time someone says, "you should join facebook" I frown and give my speech about not needing to be on facebook to keep in touch with friends. I sit on my high horse and preach about how I could use my time more constructively, I have dug my heals in the sand and firmly stood my ground...now there is no turning back.  I have made such a stink about the life of facebookers, that I could never join now!  What a hypocrite I would be!  So, this blog is my rebellious attempt to reach out to friends (new and old), family and a few strangers who may stumble upon Abundantly Aiden WITHOUT JOINING FACEBOOK! 

Enjoy and visit often!

Tracy Aiden

4 comments:

  1. So this is just your personal FACEBOOK BLOG that you'll get somewhat addicted to..haha. Just playing girl. You stick to your guns. I couldn't. I was too weak. However, I'm not that much of a facebook addict. I think I have waves of times where I am and then there are waves of times where I'm M.I.A. and forget I need to check it. Oh well, thanks, now I have something else I gotta check and or remember to check. If you were on FACEBOOK I would only have to check and forget the one place..hehe :)

    ~Lakilake...Lakeside...AKA the lil black skater chick that lived across the street from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Im Amber, Chuckei Aiden's daughter. Im glad you started this blog so now I can get to know some of my dads side. I am definitely a facebook fanatic, but I also have a blog atalyahsmom.blogspot.com. You have a beautiful family and I hope to meet you all sometime soon. Take Care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm siging up to be a follower. You know, I got the link from Eirc's Facebook page...:-)

    LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tracy and family!! It's Shannon Drew! Glad to see you all are well. I moved back home 3 months ago email me so we can catch up sometime @ smdrew4679@yahoo.com. Good to see you all.

    ReplyDelete