Monday, April 11, 2011

My Favorite Souvenir!


We just returned from our spring break on Saturday evening (more pictures and posts about the trip later).  We stayed with our very dear friends, The Harms Family for a few days. 

The Harms Family lived next door to us for many years (I think it was 7?).  Our children grew up together and played together every day.  About 3 years ago, they relocated to Arizona.  It was difficult for us to say goodbye to our neighbors.  We had grown so close, like family (we had keys to each others houses, our yards were connected there were campfires and sleepovers in the yards and the girls would sneak over to the Harms house to watch TV and eat ho-ho's and squeezy cheese).

Momma Harms (Sarah) is an awesome jewelry maker.  I own a few pieces of her jewelry...they are some of my most cherished pieces of jewelry.  While we were visiting, Sarah decided to give us a steel forging lesson, to show us how she works her creative magic.  What would normally take her 10 minutes to hammer out and create, took us close to an hour!  Gabby and Sinobia gave up, but I kept on hammering and sweating it out.  The final result was my very own piece of knock-off Sarahzona jewelry!

 

This is my favorite souvenir from our trip!

Doesn't look cute?  I can't wait to wear it out in public:)  My little swirl can do no justice to the beautiful jewelry that Sarah creates...see for yourself:  http://www.sarahzonadesigns.com/

1 comment:

  1. When I saw the title of this post, I thought it was gonna be the scorpion! HAHA
    That was FUN!

    ReplyDelete