Thursday, October 11, 2012

Hasta La Vista, Baby!



I tripped over Gabby's suitcase this morning at 6:00 am.  It was empty.  It was the suitcase that was supposed to be packed for her 4:00 pm flight to Spain...Today.

I left work early to get her to the airport.  When I arrived at home, the suitcase was overflowing with two weeks worth of shoes and clothes.  After a few adjustments, a backpack and a duffle bag later, she was all set to go.

Gabby will be rejoining her friend Ane, our fabulous exchange student from a month ago.  She will have the opportunity to stay with Ane's family in Bilbao for a few days before heading to Madrid.

As I left her in the airport, she willingly gave me extra hugs, looked at me and said, "Mom, please don't cry!"  I didn't.  I wanted to, but Eric was looking at me, waiting for me to start sobbing.  He had his cute little grin on his face, that grin that was saying, "Go ahead, I know you're gonna cry!"

I'll miss her.  She'll be back in two weeks.  I've got Sinobia all to myself:)

I'm excited for her to have this opportunity.  Excited for her to see the world, travel and experience other cultures.  This is what we bust our butts for everyday... for our kids to have these extraordinary experiences, extraordinary childhoods, so they can grow up to be extraordinary adults.

Of course, I'll keep you posted on how the trip is going.  Until then, Hasta Luego!


Evanston-Blibao Exchange 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment