Thursday, October 18, 2012

“I don't eat snails. I prefer fast food.”


I am not the best cook.  In fact, there have been days that my kids have begged their dad to not let me cook.  It's just not fun to me.  Too much to do in the day.  I can't seem to get a Paula Deen meal on the table every night, but I do give it the good old Tracy Drummer-Aiden try!

So who would have thought that while Gabby was away on her trip to Spain, that the one thing she may be missing the most is mom's cooking!  It seems that she doesn't enjoy egg sandwiches, blue cheese pizza, salami and ham.  Hmmm, I bet spaghetti with Ragu sauce or my favorite chicken-rice casserole sound good to her right now:)

Besides the food, in my communications with Gabby, she seems to be having a great time in Spain.  I received an email from her Saturday evening saying that it was 3:30 am there and they had just come in from "bar-hopping" (aka: teenagers in the streets everywhere, since they have teenage discotecas!).  She says that Bilbao is a beautiful city and that her host family is treating her well.

Eric is missing Gabby.  Sinobia is perfectly content having everyones attention.  I miss her, but know that she will be back in full force in another week....college applications, the start of gymnastics season, catching up on 2 weeks of school work plus her regular life!

They will be leaving Bilbao on Saturday and heading to Madrid.  I hope she gets herself some good food there!





No comments:

Post a Comment